Re: check constraint on multiple tables?

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема Re: check constraint on multiple tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 10:29:44AM -0600, Little, Douglas wrote:
> Louis,
> Interesting discussion.  Always fun to think about real world stuff.

Indeed.

> We have a similar problem for comparing hotel rooms.
> So the issue is that you aren't originating the data, just classifying it.
> I'd move toward a scheme where you reclassify the line marketing speak
> to common lay terms.  You're trying to help consumers compare.
> Exactly what the marketers don't want them to do.

I'm leaning towards exactly that: letting the data settle, spot overlap
and general trends, reclassify.

> After all a silk purse is just a sow's ear without marketing.
> :)

True but cruise customers buy into that marketing and insist on those
slight distinctions between almost identical cabins.

It's all a question of status and it's what cruise lines sell.

Thanks,

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: