Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Right now you can't choose "master bloat", but you can choose the other
> >> two.  I think that is acceptable for 9.0, assuming the other two don't
> >> have the problems that Tom foresees.
> >>

> > I was wrong.  You can choose "master bloat" with
> > vacuum_defer_cleanup_age, but only crudely because it is measured in
> > xids and the master defers no matter what queries are running on the
> > slave...
>
> OK with you finding the situation acceptable, so long as it's an
> informed decision.  From how you're writing about this, I'm comfortable

Well, consider that in November we were not even sure SR or HS would be
in 9.0.  We got them both, so if it is a little kudgy in 9.0, that's OK.
We are much farther along than I ever expected.

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do