Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> > Doesn't the system already adjust the delay based on the length of slave
> > transactions, e.g. max_standby_delay.  It seems there is no need for a
> > user switch --- just max_standby_delay really high.
>
> Well that GUC looks like it allows to set a compromise between HA and
> reporting, not to say "do not ever give the priority to the replay while
> I'm running my reports". At least that's how I understand it.

Well, if you set it high, it effectively is that.

http://enterprisedb.comPG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do + If your life is a hard
drive,Christ can be your backup. +

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration