pgbouncer + psql 9.0a4

От Garick Hamlin
Тема pgbouncer + psql 9.0a4
Дата
Re: pgbouncer + psql 9.0a4  (Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I was just trying out 9.0a4 and I noticed.  That I can't connect to
pgbouncer with psql from 9.0a4 as a result of the set application_name
changes to psql.

I imagine this is really mostly pgbouncer's problem, but I couldn't
figure out how if it was possible to make psql not set application_name
from the psql man page.  If not, at least from a users point of view psql
9.0a4 looks incompatible with existing versions of pgbouncer in at least
in this configuration that works with an older versions of psql.

... or, is that a crazy way to look at it?

Garick

Details are below..

My setup (Solaris 10 / sparc )

[ psql 9.0a4 ] -> [ pgbouncer 1.3.1 ] -> [ postgres 9.0a4 ]

$ /usr/local/var/postgres/9.0a4/bin/psql -h 127.0.0.1 -p 6543
psql: ERROR:  Unknown startup parameter

..pgbouncer's log..
2010-02-25 21:56:29.721 6979 WARNING C-71d48: (nodb)/(nouser)@127.0.0.1:54000 unsupported startup parameter:
application_name=psql