Re: COPY command character set

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: COPY command character set
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I have updated the documentation to be more direct about COPY encoding
> > behavior.  Patch attached and applied.
>
> Uh, why exactly do you find that better?  "Processes data" seems a lot
> vaguer to me than the previous wording.  I certainly don't think that
> this does much to address Peter's original complaint.

I thought the problem was that we said "input", then "output" and then
got to the point about the server, and I thought the reader just stopped
reading that far, so I tried to shorten it so the idea was sooner, and I
mentioned "server" at the end.  It might not be better, but I tried.

We don't want to highlight the input/output, we want to highlight that
all input and output are controlled by the client encoding.

  PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do