Re: log_error_verbosity function display

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: log_error_verbosity function display
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jaime Casanova wrote:
> >> i like this with or without the (), but maybe we are breaking client
> >> apps if change that
>
> > Ah, so you like FUNCTION.
>
> You can NOT change the line tag without almost certainly breaking
> log-reading tools like pgfouine.  Even changing the content of the line
> risks that, and for no visible gain.
>
> This seems like the worst form of bike-shedding to me.  This log entry
> has been formatted this way since 7.4, and nobody has ever complained
> about it, until you suddenly decided it was a problem.  Leave it be.

I propose to add '()' because it is confusing without it.  I don't think
many people are using the feature or we would have received suggestions
for improvmement.  As you can see, once I posted about it, there were a
number of people who wanted improvements.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Bug on pg_lesslog
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Bug on pg_lesslog