pg_dump superflous warning message

От Bill Moran
Тема pg_dump superflous warning message
Дата
Re: pg_dump superflous warning message  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
If I do:
pg_dump -a --disable-triggers

I get a warning message:
pg_dump: NOTICE: there are circular foreign-key constraints among these table(s):
pg_dump:   directory
pg_dump: You may not be able to restore the dump without using --disable-triggers or temporarily dropping the
constraints.
pg_dump: Consider using a full dump instead of a --data-only dump to avoid this problem.

Of course, this was confusing as hell -- we spent a good bit of time
trying to figure out why pg_dump wasn't honoring --disable-triggers.

It turns out that it is, it's just that it prints the warning even
when it's not applicable.

At least from my perspective, I don't think this warning should be
printed if the proper command line switches have been given.  Is there
a good reason to print it anyway?

This is with pg 8.4.2 (both client and server).

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Сообщение: Re: Searching a DB index.. possible?
Сообщение: Re: Searching a DB index.. possible?