Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sunday 07 February 2010 19:27:02 Andres Freund wrote:
> On Sunday 07 February 2010 19:23:10 Robert Haas wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree that it's too late in the cycle for any major redesign of the
> > > patch.  But is it too much to ask to use a less confusing name for the
> > > function?
> >
> > +1.  Let's just rename the thing, add some comments, and call it good.
>
> Will post a updated patch in the next hours unless somebody beats me too
> it.
Here we go.

I left the name at my suggestion pg_fsync_prepare instead of Tom's
prepare_for_fsync because it seemed more consistend with the naming in the
rest of the file. Obviously feel free to adjust.

I personally think the fsync on the directory should be added to the stable
branches - other opinions?
If wanted I can prepare patches for that.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)