Re: Personal Copyright Notices

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Personal Copyright Notices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > The intagg copyright is on a _Makefile_:
> >
> > ? ? ? ?# Makefile for integer aggregator
> > ? ? ? ?# Copyright (C) 2001 Digital Music Network.
> > ? ? ? ?# by Mark L. Woodward
> > ? ? ? ?# $PostgreSQL: pgsql/contrib/intagg/Makefile,v 1.10 2008/11/14 19:58:45 tgl Exp $
> >
> > Seems we either have to contact the author or rewrite the file.
>
> Why? Even if the text is removed, he will still own the copyright, as
> is the case for any patch submitted because we don't have any form of
> copyright assignment.

True, but their names on these files is bound to confuse legal folks
looking at the code.  I got a private email about these copyrights last
week from a _very_ large company, which is how they came to my
attention.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Personal Copyright Notices
Сообщение: Re: Personal Copyright Notices