Re: ECPG patch 4.1, out-of-scope cursor support in native mode

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ECPG patch 4.1, out-of-scope cursor support in native mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:11:51PM +0100, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> > Why does the preproc spit out ECPGset_var's but no ECPGget_var's in this test case?
> >

> Because there's no ECPGget_var()s emitted for
> - global variables
> - variables in the same function
>
> ECPGget_var() is only used in case the cursor declaration
> used INTO/USING and it's in a different function from
> the one where OPEN/FETCH/CLOSE reside. But this
> cannot be determined easily, e.g. short of making ECPG
> a two-pass precompiler, so ECPGset_var() is always used.

This shows some well thought implementation. But what I was wondering about was
why this is used as test case. While I see the need to test this part of ecpg I
thought this test case was added because it showed a problem without your
changes.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes