Re: [PERFORM] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Greg,

On Monday 18 January 2010 17:35:59 Greg Stark wrote:
> 2) Why does the second pass to do the fsyncs read through fromdir to
> find all the filenames. I find that odd and counterintuitive. It would
> be much more natural to just loop through the files in the new
> directory. But I suppose it serves as an added paranoia check that the
> files are in fact still there and we're not fsyncing any files we
> didn't just copy. I think it should still work, we should have an
> exclusive lock on the template database so there really ought to be no
> differences between the directory trees.
If it weren't safe we would already have a big problem....

Andres

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Small locking bugs in hs
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)