Re: [SPAM]Mammoth in Core?

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: [SPAM]Mammoth in Core?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> My question is, do we have any interest in working on getting this into
> core?

We had a discussion how replication projects work together with the core
in the developer meeting on PGCon 2009 Japan.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGCon2009JapanClusterDeveloperMeeting

The conclusion is splitting existing projects into some 'modules',
and getting the modules one by one into core. Voted features are here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ClusterFeatures

Mammoth Replicator seems to modify the core heavily, no?  I hope you
would split the mammoth patch into several independent features,
and submit them separately. It is much better if some of them can
be shared by other replication projects.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center