Re: Hot Standby and query cancel

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Hot Standby and query cancel
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 14 January 2010 13:21:07 Simon Riggs wrote:

> > > I have only looked at briefly because right now I dont have the time
> > > (going to eat at a friends place...) but I think I spotted an issue:
> > > The IsAbortedTransactionBlockState() check in RecoveryConflictInterrupt
> > > is not correct right now because that returns true for TBLOCK_SUBABORT
> > > as well. Wouldnt that mess with the case where were in a failed
> > > subxact and then rollback only that subxact?
> >
> > Well spotted, yes.
>
> Latest version of same patch, but uses conflict reasons passed-thru
> directly from recovery to backend.
>
> Please review, no commit before tomorrow.
I only noted a tiny thing (which was present earlier on):

snprintf(waitactivitymsg, sizeof(waitactivitymsg),     "waiting for max_standby_delay (%u ms)",     MaxStandbyDelay);
in ResolveRecoveryConflictWithVirtualXIDs.

Shouldnt that be seconds? Otherwise the check in WaitExceedsMaxStandbyDelay is
wrong...

Andres

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: last CommitFest coming up in just under 24 hours
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standy introduced problem with query cancel behavior