Re: bad execution plan for subselects containing windowing-function

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: bad execution plan for subselects containing windowing-function
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> writes:
> > No question, this is a silly query, but the problem is the 2nd query: it
> > is obviously not possible for the planner to put the where-condition
> > into the subquery.
>
> Well, yeah: it might change the results of the window functions.
> I see no bug here.  Your second query asks for a much more complicated
> computation, it's not surprising it takes longer.

Thank you for the fast answer.

But sorry, I disagree. It is the same query with the same result. I can't see
how the queries should return different results.

What have i overlooked?

tia, Andreas

Сообщение: Re: bad execution plan for subselects containing windowing-function
Сообщение: Re: bad execution plan for subselects containing windowing-function