Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?
Дата
Re: Setting oom_adj on linux?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I don't want to go to the trouble of creating (and documenting) a
> configure option for this.  Much less a GUC ;-)

Requiring a custom build to disable it would be horrible, in my view.
Or, at best, just means that the packagers won't enable it, which
obviously would be less than ideal.

Sorry if it's a pain, but I think it needs to either be configurable or
not done.  As I said before, it definitely needs to handle failure
gracefully, but I worry that even that won't be sufficient in some
cases.  Just thinking about how we run PG under VServers and Linux
Containers and whatnot, we ran into some issues with OpenSSH trying to
monkey with proc values and I'd really hate to run into the same issues
with PG.
Thanks,
    Stephen