upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit within same postgresql major release (e.g. 8.3.x)

От Matthew Kirk
Тема upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit within same postgresql major release (e.g. 8.3.x)
Дата
Re: upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit within same postgresql major release (e.g. 8.3.x)
Список pgsql-novice
hi

I'm looking at upgrading a server from 32 bit Centos 4.4 to 64 bit Centos 4.7.  I'll also be going from Postgres
8.3.3/32bit to Postgres 8.3.9/64 bit.  I know that if I were upgrading from 8.3 to 8.4 I would need to do a dump and
restore.  But I can't find documentation that tells me whether I need to dump/restore when just moving from 32 bits to
64bits...

Do I?

Thanks

Сообщение: Re: Help to dump tables in a database and restore in another database
Сообщение: Re: Help to dump tables in a database and restore in another database