Re: Bug with PATHs having non-ASCII characters

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: Bug with PATHs having non-ASCII characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt@greenplum.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI regarding this bug:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00267.php
>
> The wide-char version of any WIN32 API call will accept or return
> data in UTF-16 encoded Unicode, regardless of the local environment's
> single-byte (MBCS) encoding settings (codepage).

I have a Windows-specific patch for open(), attached for reference.
But we need to consider about other issues:

  - We need to consider about not only only open(), but also opendir(),
    stat() and symlink().

  - An entirely-different fix is needed for non-Windows platforms.
    Probably we will convert encodings from GetDatabaseEncoding() to
    GetPlatformEncoding() in MBCS, but this is not needed on Windows.
    We should consider avoiding random ifdef blocks for the switching.

  - Those conversions are not free. We might need to avoid conversions
    for paths under $PGDATA because we only use ascii names in the server.
    I used a test with IS_HIGHBIT_SET in the attached patch, but I'm not
    sure whether it is the best method.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions