Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling

От Tim Bunce
Тема Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 07:06:35PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com> writes:
> > The only question I have at the moment, before I try implementing this,
> > is the the need for freeing the plan. When would that be needed?
>
> There's probably no strong need to do it at all,

That's good.

> unless you are dropping your last reference to the plan.

Uh, now I'm confused again.  The way I envisage it, each imported
function would contain a plan. So each would have the one and only
reference to that plan. So, if there was a need to drop them, I would be
dropping the last reference to the plan.

Let me ask the question another way... is there any reason to drop plans
other than limiting memory usage?

I couldn't find anything in the docs to suggest there was but want to be
sure.

Tim.