8.4.1 & 8.4.2 require map=... for ident in the pg_hba.conf file, will this be the new way?

От Claudio Eichenberger
Тема 8.4.1 & 8.4.2 require map=... for ident in the pg_hba.conf file, will this be the new way?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

In older PostgreSQL installations < 8.4 I used the following pg_hba.conf syntax:

        local   all     pgsql   ident   PGSQL

but 8.4.1 & 8.4.2 require the following syntax:

    local   all     pgsql   ident   map=PGSQL

Will this be the new way for all future releases?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Regards

Claudio
--
Tel +41 21 67 17 111
Mob +41 79 34 72 100

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ