Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Cancelling idle in transaction state
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 03:31:58PM -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
> The JDBC driver does want "cancel if active" behavior.  The JDBC API
> specifies Statement.cancel() where Statement is running one particular
> backend query.  So it really does want to cancel just that one query.
> Already this is tough because of the asynchronous nature of the cancel
> protocol and the inability to say exactly what should be cancelled.

I've looked in the JDBC documentation but I don't quickly see how they
expect this to work with transactions. What is being proposed seems to
me to be:

If statement active:  put transaction in aborted state
If no statement active:  do nothing

However, I see that the documentation wants to be able to abort a
*specific* statement, which is not being proposed here. Can that be
implemented on top of the current proposal?

Have a nice day,