Re: Protocol question regarding Portal vs Cursor

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Protocol question regarding Portal vs Cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, 27 Jul 2024 at 01:55, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> So while the API's are "virtually" identical AFAICT there is no way to
>>> create a "WITH HOLD" portal ?

> Yes, sorry, I should have said one can not create a with hold portal using
> the BIND command

Yeah.  The two APIs (cursors and extended query protocol) manipulate
the same underlying Portal objects, but the features exposed by the
APIs aren't all identical.  We've felt that this isn't high priority
to sync up, since you can create a Portal with one API then manipulate
it through the other if need be.