Re: Server Requirements

От Mihamina Rakotomandimby
Тема Re: Server Requirements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Christine Penner <christine@ingenioussoftware.com> :
> If we have clients that are going to buy new computers or upgrade
> current ones, what we can recommend to them for optimal system
> performance to run Postgres.

Make them buy the biggest, run virtual machine that dont use all the
ressources on it, gradually add ressource to the virtual machine when
needed.

Notify them when you get close to the maximum of ressource used.

Setting up a virtual machine is very easy nowadays:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM

                +261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36