BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.

От Vincent Pinto
Тема BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5248
Logged by:          Vincent Pinto
Email address:      vincent_pinto@mentor.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1.876
Operating system:   Windows XP SP3
Details:

We have an application that installs postgres.  But during the install,
while it tries to start the database, and error "This application failed to
start because SSLEAY32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may
fix this problem." pops up.

I have been able to install and use the application on an earlier laptop
(Dell D620), but I have a new one now (M4400).  This is the only thing that
is different.  I suspect some of the Microsoft patches, etc may not be
present.  Is this needed?

I tried reinstalling but that does not help. I also noticed on my earlier
laptop that ssleay32.dll is not in the windows/system32 dir (many folks on
various forums suggest to do so, but I did not do it because the db starts
on the earlier machine, so why should it not start on the newer on?)

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.