Re: pgsql cluster

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: pgsql cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Friday 20 November 2009, Démi Zsolt <zsdemi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which clustering solution is the better for me? Can I setup two
> loadbalancer to be redundant?  Can access the same database on the
> shared storage the two postgresql  server?

Well, if it's an important application, you should probably hire someone who
knows what they're doing to set it up; this stuff is complex and easy to
get wrong. But the short answers are:

Yes you can setup 2 load balancers to be redundant, there are several
clustering solutions available for Linux or other operating systems.
Linux-HA is a good place to start.

No, you cannot run 2 instances of PostgreSQL against the same physical
database. You could use Linux-HA tools (ie. heartbeat) to make an
active/passive cluster of the 2 database/web servers, though. Proper
fencing is going to be important on shared storage. Make sure you're also
doing real backups of the database.