Re: pgAdmin Icon

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgAdmin Icon
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le jeudi 19 novembre 2009 à 01:07:26, Scott Bailey a écrit :
> While we are on the topic of logos, I want to point out how awful the
> pgAdmin icon looks. It looks like it was blown up from an 8x8 pixel MS
> Paint drawing.
>
> On Ubuntu the icon looks absolutely out of place in a panel full of high
> color, 3D looking logos. On Windows, it doesn't stand out quite as much
> (at least on XP, no idea about Vista or 7). But I guarantee it will be
> the ugliest looking icon on your taskbar. For someone installing
> Postgres on their system, this is THE graphical representation of
> Postgres. And I think the message it is sending about us is not very
> good... especially when we high quality icons available on pgFoundry.

You're welcome to send us a better icon. I mean a better icon that will be
displayed great on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.

Honestly I didn't remember about this because I don't use an icon to launch
this tool :) (well, in fact, I did know about it because there is already a
ticket in the bugtracker of Debian or Ubuntu... but I'm definitely not a
designer)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org