Re: My second PL/pgSQL function - minor problem

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: My second PL/pgSQL function - minor problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> Hey all,
>
> http://pastebin.com/f1015226d
>
> The above function appears to be doing exactly what I want: Fetch the users
> data and update the visits column, if the supplied credentials match a user.
>
> My problem is what happens when the credentials don't match a user. In those
> cases I would like to have a boolean false returned, but instead I get an empty
> array - which of course is entirely according to the functions "RETURN SETOF
> users" statement.
>
> Is this little problem solvable, or will I have to learn to live with the empty
> array?

You can't return different return-types. Either return forever a record
or an bool.

But you can use select exists( select * from log_in( ...) ) to get
true/false it there a user or not.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
GnuPG: 0x31720C99, 1006 CCB4 A326 1D42 6431  2EB0 389D 1DC2 3172 0C99