Re: New VACUUM FULL

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: New VACUUM FULL
Дата
Re: New VACUUM FULL
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:

> You left INPLACE in the patch

Oops, removed.

> Sounds fine, but worth a mention in the documentation. Just add to the
> "columns" part of the VACUUM page something like: "If specified, implies
> ANALYZE".

Added.

> Other than these two minor issues, I don't see any problems with the
> patch. Please post an updated version to the new commitfest entry.

All of the vacuum options are adjusted in gram.y in the current patch.
We only check the options with assertions in vacuum():

    /* sanity checks */
    Assert(vacstmt->options & (VACOPT_VACUUM | VACOPT_ANALYZE));
    Assert(!(vacstmt->options & (VACOPT_FULL | VACOPT_FREEZE)) ||
            (vacstmt->options & VACOPT_VACUUM));
    Assert(vacstmt->va_cols == NIL || (vacstmt->options & VACOPT_ANALYZE));

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center