Re: New VACUUM FULL

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: New VACUUM FULL
Дата
Re: New VACUUM FULL
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> BTW I think the vacstmt.options change, which seems a reasonable idea to
> me, could be extracted from the patch and applied separately.  That'd
> reduce the size of the patch somewhat.

It's a good idea. I separated the part into the attached patch.
It replaces VacuumStmt's "vacuum", "full", "analyze", and "verbose"
fields into one "options" flag field.

The only user-visible change is to support "VACUUM (options)" syntax:
  VACUUM ( FULL, FREEZE, VERBOSE, ANALYZE ) table (columns)
We don't bother with the order of options in this form :)

There is a debatable issue that we can use "VACUUM (VERBOSE) table (col)"
in the abobe syntax. Columns are specified but no ANALYZE option there.
An ANALYZE option is added automatically in the current implementation,
but we should have thrown an syntax error in such case.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center