Re: virtualidx exclusive lock

От Uwe Schroeder
Тема Re: virtualidx exclusive lock
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 08 November 2009 11:38:28 pm Uwe Schroeder wrote:
> I've googled, but there's 0 hits.
>
> I have an issue with a ton of "idle in transaction" backends.
> What I noticed is when I look at pg_locks, pretty much all of the processes
> being idle in transaction have an exclusive lock of locktype "virtualidx".
>
> Well, that doesn't make sense to me, but maybe someone here can tell me
> where a "virtualidx" locktype would come from. I'm sure it has to be some
> type of query. There is no info about table or anything, all the records
> look like:
> Is there a way to find out what query, or in lack of that at least what
> table is involved?

Thanks everyone. No wonder I didn't find anything on google :-)

Turns out the issue was related to the ORM my app is using. That darn thing
keeps a cursor open for every select - which certainly keeps the transaction
alive (why it uses a transaction for a simple select is the other thing).
Anyways, I got it fixed.

Thanks

Uwe