Re: ERROR: null value in column "id" violates not-null constraint

От Robert Paulsen
Тема Re: ERROR: null value in column "id" violates not-null constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sunday 11 October 2009 8:22 am, Dmitriy Igrishin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please, read pg_dump(1) manual page. You will find this text in it:
> "It is  not guaranteed that pg_dump's output can be loaded into a server of
> an older major version -- not even if the dump was taken from a  server
> of  that  version. Loading a dump file into an older server may require
> manual editing of the dump file to remove syntax not understood by  the
> older server."

Yes, I understand that.

I tried it only to see if that was the mistake I made in the first place
which, if that is indeed what happened, was completely inadvertent. I have
sever different postgress servers set up and I had temporarily moved that
database (using dump/restore) while experimenting with the system that
normally hosts it.

The results of my trial restore to 8.0 from an 8.2 dump were *negative* in
that it did NOT recreate the situation I had stumbled into. As a matter of
fact the restore failed completely instead of just dropping the DEFAULT
attribute. There must have been more to the original screw-up, perhaps some
editing on my part but, as I said, I don't remember doing that.

Also, the temporary setup (on 8.2) exhibited the same "missing default" error
as the original so apparently the situation was there, unnoticed, since
before moving the database from 8.0 to 8.2.

After fixing up the original 8.0 database (by editing the dump data as
discussed earlier in this thread) and doing a dump/restore to re-establish
the temporary 8.2 setup the missing default did NOT happen on 8.2 so however
my original problem came about is still a mystery to me.

Bob

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: