Re: bulk inserts

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: bulk inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 29 September 2009, Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
> ?? I'm not sure what you're implying about the semantics here, but it
> doesn't seem right.  COPY doesn't somehow break out of ACID semantics,
> it's only an *optimization* that allows you to get large quantities of
> data into the database faster.  The main reason it's faster is because
> parsing CSV data is easier than parsing SQL.
>
> At least I think that's the only difference; anybody know better?

I think a big reason is also that the client can stream the data without
waiting for a network round trip ack on every statement.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."

Сообщение: Re: computed values in plpgsql
Сообщение: Re: computed values in plpgsql