Re: Using Insert - Default in a condition expression ??

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: Using Insert - Default in a condition expression ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> > I'm trying to write an INSERT INTO statement that will use a DEFAULT
> > value when an input parameter is null.
> >
> Neither of my 2 methods are pretty.
> 1) Use a trigger.
> 2) Grab and cast the default value from the information_schema.columns
> view and plug it in.
>
> Another option is to build your insert sql as a string and then execute it.

Another option:

rewrite your function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "name_add" (p_name varchar, p_created_date
date) RETURNS integer AS $$ BEGIN case when $2 is null then INSERT INTO
names(name, created_date) values (p_name,  default); else insert into
names values ($1, $2); end case; return 1; end; $$ language plpgsql;

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer