Re: bulk inserts

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: bulk inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 04:35:53PM -0500, Dave Huber wrote:
> One assumption I am operating under right now is
> that the format of the binary file is the same as the buffer in
> PQputCopyData, including the header.  If I am wrong, could someone
> please let me know? Thanks,

I've always used ASCII representations of the data; no need to worry
about formats then.  Not sure what sort of performance considerations
you have, but it's certainly less of a worry for me.  I'm reasonably
sure the binary format changes more often than you'd like, maybe
something like:

  http://libpqtypes.esilo.com/

would help.  I can't see anything about COPY support, but it should help
with other things.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/