Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:33:37PM +0200, InterRob wrote:
> I came to think of another option: putting additional columns (that is:
> addittional to the default set of fields) in xml, in a column that is part
> of row (=object) it belongs to.
> Any body has done so before? Any body has experience with XML schema
> validation within PostgreSQL?

Sorry; but was sounding a little over engineered before, it seems to be
blowing out of proportion now.  By whom and how are these (immensely
complicated) rule sets going to be maintained? how is using XML going to
make this any easier than using the tools native to the database?

If they're validated inside the database then it's going to be done by a
DB admin anyway, or am I missing something?  If they're done by the DB
admin, isn't it easy to just use the tools they're used to?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

Сообщение: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Сообщение: Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...