Re: Newbie's question: How can I connect to my postgresql-server?

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Newbie's question: How can I connect to my postgresql-server?
Дата
libpq port number handling  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:47:03AM +0700, Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:
> I am still new in PostgreSQL. Usually I use MySQL on OpenSuSE.

Welcome over, PG is *normally* much better behaved than this and
generally gives very good error messages.

> postgres@sussy:/root> createuser -D -p ricky

I don't think you want to be passing "-p" here; it's saying to use
"ricky" as the port number, which fails (sounds like a bug if it doesn't
complain about this) giving a port number of zero, which is why you see
this:

>     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.0"?

the ".0" is normally something like ".5432".

Maybe you want "-P" to be asking for the password?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/