Re: How to get variable out to shell script

От Abel Camarillo
Тема Re: How to get variable out to shell script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 04:49:03PM -0500, Alex Gadea wrote:
> I am using psql to call an external sql file that executes a simple select count(*):
>
> ie: select into ct count(*) from table;
>
> I can't figure out how to make the ct variable available to the shell script once the external sql file completes
execution.What I am trying to do is run the count command against a table in two different databases on two different
serversand then compare the variables.

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alex

I tend to use a lot of shell scripts in my production code, i would do
something like this:

#!/bin/sh

dbname=
user=
password=

tables="t1 t2"

for i in $tables;
do
  psql -c "\copy (select count(*) from $i) to pstdout csv" \
    "dbname=$dbname user=$user password=$password"
done
#END#######################

that would print two lines...

1234134
4565

that are the count(*) of each table.

Use your imagination.

Saludos.

--
DISCLAIMER: http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
This message will self-destruct in 3 seconds.

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: How can I make a two arch libpq for snow leopard?
От: Jerry LeVan
Сообщение: Re: How can I make a two arch libpq for snow leopard?