Re: column level, uid based authorization to update columns

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: column level, uid based authorization to update columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Gauthier, Dave (dave.gauthier@intel.com) wrote:
> In linux, given the linux based uid of the user, how might someone implement column level update restrictions on a
uidbasis?  For example...

The first issue is getting the linux uid to equate to a PG role.  That
can be done using 'ident' authentication, though I would recommend only
allowing that on socket-based connections (not with tcp/ip connections).
You could also give 'joeuser' a username and password to connect to PG
with.

In PG, with 8.4, you can use column-level privileges to limit what a
given PG role can do.  See the GRANT syntax for 8.4.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения