Re: 8.4.0 data loss / HOT-related bug

От Radoslaw Zielinski
Тема Re: 8.4.0 data loss / HOT-related bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> [2009-08-21 18:55]:
[...]
> Is this, perchance, new hardware? Did you test the memory in it?

It's a "virtual private server"; the hosting provider is swearing
everything's fine.  I can't vouch for it myself, obviously.

> Do you have other records that have "disappeared"?

I haven't found any (yet).  So far, verified with:

create function exec(text) returns void language plpgsql as $f$ begin execu=
te $1; end; $f$;
select exec(
  'select log_id, id from ( select distinct ''' || relname || ''', case fir=
st_value(trigger_mode) over w when ''DELETE'' then null else id end as log_=
id, first_value(last_modified) over w as lm from log.' || relname || ' wind=
ow w as (partition by id order by id desc,trigger_id desc ) )x left join pu=
blic.' || relname || ' on id=3Dlog_id where ( id is null or last_modified <=
> x.lm ) and log_id is not null'
  ) from pg_stat_user_tables where schemaname =3D 'log';

(Looks at the log.* table, finds the largest last_modified of the
non-deleted rows, joins the public.* table on id, compares
last_modified).

--=20
Rados=C5=82aw Zieli=C5=84ski <radek@pld-linux.org>

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: 8.4.0 data loss / HOT-related bug
От: Radoslaw Zielinski
Сообщение: Re: 8.4.0 data loss / HOT-related bug