Re: DB Design Advice

От stoneg64@excite.com
Тема Re: DB Design Advice
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>stoneg64@excite.com wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> My company is designing a database in which we intend to store data
>> for several customers. We are trying to decide if,
>>
>> A: we want to store all customer data in one set of tables with
>> customer_id fields separating the data or,
>> B: storing each customers data in a separate schema.
>>
>> I'd like to get some opinions on the pros and cons of these methods
>> concerning maintainability, scalability, and performance.
>
>MHO, that would depend on what this data is and how you use it.

Yeah, I figured you might say that.

>Id this your company's data on your business with these customers, like
>AR/AP transactions and so forth? Or is this data you're storing for
>these companies, data thats really 'theirs', and that won't be used
>together, such as their websites that you host ?

I'd say that the data is more 'theirs' then ours. Customers' data shouldn't be used together but we may occasionally compare customer data. I'll also add that each customer should have a fairly significant amount of data.

Thanks again for the help.
Ted

  Click here for to find products that will help grow your small business.
Small Business Tools
Click Here For More Information