Re: binary timestamp conversion

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: binary timestamp conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:35:41AM +0200, David De Maeyer wrote:
> Being on a FreeBSD box, and having PostgreSQL compiled with default
> options, I am assuming timestamps are encoded as long long (a signed
> long for the date and an unsigned long for the time).

Integer timestamps are the number of microseconds since 2000-01-01,
otherwise it's a double representing the number of seconds since the
same date.  I don't know perl well enough to know if what you're doing
is the right thing, but the values you're getting out don't look right
to me.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/