Re: BUG #4989: Fatal Error

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #4989: Fatal Error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Travis K wrote:

> Further searching by the windows event viewer shows a postgreSQL error which
> leads me to writing this email.  The error says "FATAL: syntax error in file
> "C/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/postgresql.conf" line 1, near token ","
> ".  I have no idea what this means or how to go about addressing this.  One
> thought was to delete my old database (against this preferably) and see if
> that is the source of the issue.

So does the config file look like it didn't recovery nicely from the
crash?  I'm guessing it was overwritten with something else.  If that's
the only damage, you could produce a second config file by running
initdb on a different folder, then copy it over the original
installation and adjust parameters as necessary.