BUG #4986: Connecting problem

От saneera
Тема BUG #4986: Connecting problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4986
Logged by:          saneera
Email address:      saneera@apturion.com
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.2
Operating system:   WINDOWS 2003
Details:

I have got the following error message when connecting postgres from
postgres admin connecting form the localhost
(only special thing in machine configuration is attached the 2 network cards
to the installation machine)

could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and

accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to
contact is

actually running PostgreSQL on the given port.

Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host
using ping or

equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured
correctly?

You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g.
firewall

please

let me how to resolve this problem permanently we have got this error
message time by time but not always
run the postgresSQL service using the .\postgres account when start up the
machine

Thanks