Re: improvements for dict_xsyn extended synonym dictionary - RRR

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: improvements for dict_xsyn extended synonym dictionary - RRR
Дата
Re: improvements for dict_xsyn extended synonym dictionary - RRR  (karpov@sao.ru (Sergey V. Karpov))
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Sergey,

Sorry that the second round took almost as long as the first one...

On Monday 27 July 2009 12:01:46 Sergey V. Karpov wrote:
> > - Imho mode=MAP should error out if keeporig is false
> > - I personally find the the names for the different modes a bit
> > nondescriptive. One possibility would be to introduce parameters like:
> >     - matchorig
> >     - matchsynonym
> >     - keeporig
> >     - keepsynonym
> > That sounds way much easier to grasp for me.
> Yes, I agree. In such a way user has the complete (and more
> straightforward) control over the dictionary behaviour.
>
> Here is the revised patch version, with following options:
>
>      * matchorig controls whether the original word is accepted by the
>        dictionary. Default is true.
>
>      * keeporig controls whether the original word is included (if true)
>        in results, or only its synonyms (if false). Default is true.
>
>      * matchsynonyms controls whether any of the synonyms is accepted by
>        the dictionary (if true). Default is false.
>
>      * keepsynonyms controls whether synonyms are returned by the
>        dictionary (if true). Default is true.
>
> Defaults are set to keep default behaviour compatible with original
> version.
Looks nice. The only small gripe I have is that the patch adds trailing
whitespaces at a lot of places...

Except maybe that I do see no need for changes anymore...

Andres

От: Josh Williams
Сообщение: Re: multi-threaded pgbench
От: Steve Prentice
Сообщение: RFD: Don't force plpgsql IN parameters to constant