Re: xpath not a good replacement for xpath_string

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: xpath not a good replacement for xpath_string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 28 July 2009 23:30:23 pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
> The thing that perplexed me was that it was not obvious from the docs how,
> exactly, to get the functionality that was simple and straight forward in
> XML2.

I continue to be in favor of adding

xpath_string
xpath_number
xpath_boolean

functions, which would be both easier to use and provide a more casting-free
approach to pass the data around.  In the past there were some doubts and
objections about that, but I think it could be done.