Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 09:50:08PM +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> Sorry for using the undefined terminology.

I think this is the largest missing part of the docs at the moment;
there is a whole new world of definitions that need to be understood
before the SE-PG stuff is understandable/usable by anyone and none of it
is explained in a way I can understand.  External links are fine at the
moment (I think) but descriptions will need to exist.

For example you currently define a "security context" as "a formatted
short string"---how does that tell me why I would want one or what it
does!  As an example, PG currently has the following to describe what a
"role" is:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/database-roles.html

I'd expect a similar definition for each of the major terms in SE-PG;
at the moment these seem to be "security label", "security context",
"security policy" and others?  What do others think?

Hope that helps explain my confusion!  If you point me at some docs I'll
be happy to write/edit things to make them more relevant to PG.

--  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/