Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 30 June 2009 06:59:51 Robert Haas wrote:
> The attached patch merges all of the logic currently in genbki.sh and
> Gen_fmgrtab.{sh,pl} into a single script called gen_catalog.pl.  It
> then extends that logic to generate all of the Anum_* and Natts_*
> constants, as well as the Schema_pg_* declarations for the bootstrap
> tables.

I see a potential problem with the introduction of the catalog/anum.h header,
to hold the Anum_... defines.  This looks like it could be a significant break
in the backend API, as evidenced by the fact that plperl and dblink no longer
compile with this change.

I think a less invasive change would be to include anum.h into all the
catalog/pg_*.h headers, so that the external interface stays the same.