Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> > This is a ridiculous statement.
>
> No it isn't.
>
> >   In actual practice, full query logging
> > is 1/50 the amount of disk I/O as the actual database activity.  If your
> > systems are so stressed that they can't handle another 2% increase, then
> > you've got bigger problems lurking.
>
> It depends on the system. I have seen even big systems take a huge hit
> by full logging due to transactional velocity.

Perhaps I'm just in a foul mood today, but I feel like people are picking
my emails apart to make me the bad guy.  Note that you trimmed out a key
part of what I said here:

"Have you benchmarked the load it creates under your workload?"

Perhaps I should have explicitly said, "There are likely some cases where
this statement isn't true, so you should benchmark your specific load
case, but you don't mention that you've done that."

Or, perhaps I should just abstain from posting to mailing lists when I'm
in a foul mood ...

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Сообщение: Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample
Сообщение: Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample