Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 01:29:14PM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> INSERTing timestampz, 'to_timestamp', output formatting, input formatting, SERVER TIME, USER_LOCAL_TIME, multi
timezoneapplications.

> Anyone wonder how those all work? **I** sure do!!!

The official docs[1,2] have generally been enough for me, could you be
more specific about what is causing trouble?

That said, I've never written code that needs to be more than trivially
aware of timezones before.  I'm not sure if this is just because the
abstractions provided are nice or if I've not had to solve a hard
problem here.

>      (3) Give input to me so that I can write a good tutorial to post on
>            the postgres site?

There's already a page on the postgres wiki about this[3], maybe
something needs clarifying?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

 [1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-datetime.html