Problem with psql backward compatibility

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Problem with psql backward compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I thought we wanted psql to be able to connect to older databases and
report \d values properly.  I see 8.4 psql \d is not working for
sequences in 8.3 databases:
$ psql regressionpsql (8.4.0, server 8.3.7)WARNING: psql version 8.4, server version 8.3.         Some psql features
mightnot work.Type "help" for help.regression=> \d serialtest_f2_fooERROR:  column "start_value" does not existLINE 2:
     start_value, increment_by,

The new 8.4 seqeuence "start_value" is the problem.  Should I fix this
or does someone else want to tackle it?

http://enterprisedb.com