Re: Mostly Harmless: c++bookends - patch 2 of 4

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Mostly Harmless: c++bookends - patch 2 of 4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 16 July 2009 17:00:03 Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Peter Eisentraut<peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > So I think either decoration is added to all of these files or none of
> > them. And I think the former is not going to go over well.
>
> We do have some things that are conditioned on __cplusplus already,
> such as "c.h", "pg_config.h.in", and "postgres_ext.h".  So at some
> point we at least thought about supporting inclusion of our header
> files from C++.  But I agree that if we're going to do it at all, we
> ought to do it everywhere.

We do support using the frontend headers (libpq, ecpg) from C++.  That's what
postgres_ext.h is about.  The code in pg_config.h.in is autogenerated by
Autoconf.  The stuff in c.h is probably still there from before we rearranged
the header files so that the frontend includes don't use c.h.